Professional Water Removal Strategies Can Permit Operations to Continue in Camillus
SERVPROs Steps to Getting You Back to Work After a Water Damage Incident
As devastating as a water loss can be to your Camillus commercial building, the perception in the community that you are unable to provide goods and services can sink your business for good. One of our priorities, while discussing your needs during the mitigation and remediation project, is how we can assist in helping you maintain an operational presence during the work. Do not assume you need to shut down entirely as we address the water emergency.
During our first phone call, we attempt to ascertain as much information as possible about your Camillus property and its water removal needs. Our Crew Chief needs as much of the following information, so we arrive promptly and with the crews and equipment necessary to begin the job with all deliberate speed.
- Accurate address and any particular directions to the affected space on your commercial campus
- Information on the source of the water -- clean supply water or contaminated waste or otherwise tainted water?
- Utility update -- are water mains shut down, is electricity available, are gas lines compromised?
- A general overview of the extent of the loss so we can estimate our crew member numbers
- Known safety concerns
- Slip, trip, and fall dangers
- Weakened structures and trapped water exerting pressure on building materials
- Electric shock potential
- Possibility of exposure to biohazards or other dangerous substances -- we prepare by packing personal protective equipment (PPE) and space containment supplies
Assessing the Damage and Creating an Operations Center
Once onsite, our Crew Chief assigns emergency water removal tasks to the SERVPRO crews and then consults with you about your concerns as part of an overall damage assessment. Transparent communication is the expectation so we can best help your business and clarify what the mitigation and remediation entail. Setting aside one or more “business as usual” spaces in minimally or unaffected areas in the building or nearby, if practical, allows you and key employees to remain in contact with your customers during the recovery.
Neither SERVPRO nor you want to expose individuals to hazards during the water removal process. Partitioning off the work areas with 6-mil polyethylene and using negative pressure air scrubbing technology to seal the barriers keeps air and water-borne contaminants contained. We capture and dispose of any hazardous substances per local regulation, protecting you from fines and licensure issues.
SERVPRO of SW Onondaga County has a wealth of state of the art equipment and highly-qualified managers and technicians ready to stand by you and your business during any water removal challenges. Call us anytime at (315) 488-3900. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Learn more about Camillus.