What Should I Do When a Leak Goes Undetected?
SERVPRO Handles Both Recent and Prolonged Water Damage in Your Camillus Home.
Although time is of the essence, SERVPRO’s IICRC (Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification) specialists can handle any water leak, new or old. Our specialists in the Syracuse area understand that you do not always see the damage right away. You may have stopped the leak and not noticed any visible damage, so you did not think about it again until several weeks or months later when you begin to see discoloration in your kitchen wall at the site of the leak. Technicians use specific products and techniques to repair the affected area and mitigate further damage.
Why Do Technicians Use Cleaning Products?
Prolonged water damage in your Camillus home increases the chances that you have microbial growth. With this in mind, SERVPRO technicians use disinfectants like SERVPRO's specially formulated Concrobium and Vanquish to eliminate approximately 99% of organisms. They also may use deodorizing products to ensure a clean-smelling home after exposing the wall and damage.
How Do Technicians Apply the Products in My Home?
- They use EPA-registered disinfects and prepare them according to label instructions to ensure effectiveness.
- They make sure products touch the impacted surfaces, and have the right amount of dwell time; otherwise, it could compromise the effectiveness.
- You may treat surrounding areas as a precautionary measure.
What are Some Safety Precautions for Product Application?
- Technicians wear PPE (personal protective equipment) for safe application.
- Residents and pets may need to vacate during disinfecting, depending on the amount of cleaning solution sprayed.
- Technicians may need to turn off the HVAC system while spraying to prohibit fumes from spreading around the house.
For 24/7 assistance after a leak, Contact SERVPRO of SW Onondaga County at (315) 488-3900. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Want to know more about Camillus?