Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Dispelling Myths About Mold Growth in Your Camillus Home
There is a considerable amount of wrong information circulating about mold colonization and what it means for your Camillus home. Instead of succumbing to either panic or neglect for your property, you can let our experienced remediation professionals help to provide suitable solutions for removing active colonization and returning your home to its preloss condition.
Some of the Misinformation About Mold
• Mold growth can often go away on its own – False. In many situations, the colonies continue to grow and spread.
• Mold is not hazardous to your health – False. In most situations, exposure to colonies can cause health effects for humans and pets alike.
• DIY mold removal is equally effective – False. Without efficient moisture detection equipment, advanced cleaning techniques, and potent cleaning products, mold still exists beneath the surface.
Mold can develop from moist and damp conditions in as little as 48 hours, so drying out these areas is vital to prevent microbial growth. With the often-extreme weather conditions that Camillus and all of Onondaga County can experience through most of the year, homes can contend with moist conditions in attics, basements, crawlspaces, and more without even realizing it.
With a team of qualified Applied Microbial Remediation Technicians (AMRT), accredited through the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC), we can safely and thoroughly remove colonization from your home. Restore the damages the organisms have caused, and offer controlled demolition techniques to expedite the reconstruction process when necessary.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (315) 488-3900
Microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of SW Onondaga County?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
Mold spreads quickly, so a minor mold infestation can quickly escalate into a major problem. We’re dedicated to responding immediately when you contact us. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
As water and mold damage specialists, we have the experience, the expertise, and the advanced training that enables us to get your property restored quickly and thoroughly.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our initial focus is to stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber. We invest in ongoing mold remediation training and the latest equipment to serve you better
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (315) 488-3900
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
It’s easy to understand why many people struggle to grasp the facts and issues surrounding indoor mold because sensational news stories and advertising cloud and obscure the real issues. Educate yourself with the facts about mold and learn about the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of SW Onondaga County is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of the Camillus community. When you have a water or mold damage issue, we’re already nearby and ready to help.
We are also part of a national network of over 1,700 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: