Call Our Experts For Safe Water Damage Removal In Camillus
My Bathtub Overflowed, How Can I Clean It Up?
SERVPRO Can Handle Your Water Damage and Get Your Camillus Home Back to Norma
There could be several scenarios that result in accidental water damage in your home, but one of the most common is the bathtub overflowing. If you happen to have a bathroom on a second or third floor of your home, the potential for excessive damage then multiplies. No matter how much water spilled out, you need to worry about where it migrated to so that you can mitigate the issue before it gets any worse. This is where the help of highly trained technicians comes in very handy.
Why Can’t I Clean Up the Water on My Own?
Even if you have a mop and bucket, or a wet-dry vacuum that you can try to use to clean up the water, there is no way of telling exactly where the water migrated. This type of water damage in Camillus is best left to the professionals to address it with moisture detection equipment, industrial-strength drying techniques, and specialized cleaning agents. Our team at SERVPRO can address the water loss fast to make sure that your home is back to normal before you know it. We are Faster To Any Size Disaster, and you can reach us for emergency services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What Should I Do Before You Arrive?
Stopping the flow of water in the bathroom helps you to limit the impact of the loss. Before our team arrives, there are some measures that you can carefully take, including:
• Shut off the water supply as soon as possible. Depending on the situation, merely trying to turn off the tap might not do the trick. You may have to locate the shut-off valve that is located behind the fixture. If this water valve is stuck and you cannot close it, you then have to look for the main valve to shut off water to the entire home.
• Turn off the power to that area. Because electrocution is a real threat and always a potential hazard when you have indoor water damage, you should locate the circuit breaker to make sure that the power gets shut off to that bathroom.
• Remove any standing water in the room. Very carefully, you can try to pull up as much of the water in the bathroom as possible. This can be done with towels, mops, and sponges, but using a wet-dry vacuum or shop vac is the best way to pull up as much water as quickly as you can.
Note: For any bathroom disaster that may involve unclean water, such as water from the toilet, you need to let the professionals handle the cleanup.
• Keep the space adequately ventilated. If possible, open windows to try to keep the air moving through the space before we arrive on the scene.
What Can SERVPRO Do To Help?
Once you call our team for help with your bathroom flood and water damage, we deploy certified experts in as little as four hours. We arrive at your home with trucks fully equipped with all of the tools and cleaning agents necessary to address your water loss in a safe, effective manner. Should you have any walls or carpets that have been impacted by water intrusion, we have professional equipment to help us remove as much moisture as possible, including:
• Truck-mounted extractors that allow us to remove hundreds to thousands of gallons of water quickly.
• Portable pumps that we bring into your home to execute fast, efficient water removal.
• Weighted extractors, or rovers that use the weight of the technician to help push water out of your carpeting and the padding below.
Because water may have migrated from the bathtub area and underneath your cabinets or behind the baseboards or walls, it is vital that we take the time to locate any hidden moisture. Our skilled technicians use water detection and monitoring devices that not only help us to locate moisture but tell us how we should adjust our equipment to speed up the drying process. With any water damage situation, the main goal for drying your interior is to return all of the materials within your home to average moisture content levels. Our meters and sensory technology allows us to find the moisture quickly before the potential for harmful mold and mildew worsens.
To wrap up your cleanup project, our technicians use EPA-registered and eco-friendly anti-microbial cleaners that allow us to disinfect while also helping to minimize allergens. These cleaners, in conjunction with air movers, fans, and dehumidifiers, allows our team to restore your home to make it “Like it never even happened.”
If you are dealing with water damage in your home, contact us at SERVPRO of SW Onondaga County, and we can send a team out as soon as possible to start the assessment. You can reach us 24/7 at (315) 488-3900.
See more about Camillus.