If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (315) 488-3900

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Is it Safe to Light Candles Inside My Home?

5/19/2020 (Permalink)

candles burning Let SERVPRO Mitigate all your fire needs in your Camillus home.

Lighting Candles in Your Camillus Home Could Cause a Fire Requiring Professional Fire Restoration Services

Most of us light a candle inside our home at one point or another. Aromatic candles, especially, can become a daily routine in your Camillus home, filling the air with a sweet aroma. As careful as we are, it only takes a naughty child or a curtain blowing too close to the flame to ignite a small fire and threaten your safety.

Fire damage in your Camillus home can be big or small, but our SERVPRO team is your partner in returning your home to mint condition. Before you venture into restoring your home, call our 24/7 hotline and let us assess the scope of the damage and tailor a plan to meet your needs. In the meantime, avoid using generic abrasive cleaners that can damage your possessions.

How do I eliminate the pungent smell in the air after a fire?

Once our SERVPRO crew cleans soot and ashes left throughout your home, we shift to cleaning the air. Whenever there is a fire, we pay close attention to the HVAC system and track the path of the smoke. We can also counteract the odor by applying-

  • Odor pellets that counteract the smell
  • Ozone generators to purify the air
  • Thermal foggers to spray odor-eliminating solutions
  • Hydroxyl generators to purify while the residence is occupied

SERVPRO of SW Onondaga County is on your side when disaster strikes. Call us at (315) 488-3900 and let us leave your home, "Like it never even happened."

Other News

View Recent Posts

" "