My Ice Machine in Syracuse Has Developed Mold – Can It Be Cleaned?
SERVPRO Can Provide Mold Remediation to Your Syracuse Business
Restaurants, fast food places, and many other establishments in Syracuse have ice machines. The last thing you want to see in your ice maker is mold. It can impact the drinks you serve and lead to unhappy customers when you can’t supply the beverages they enjoy.
Can an Ice Maker Hose Leak Cause Mold?
This client has an ice cream shop that also serves beverages, so he depends upon his ice maker. A faulty hose to the ice machine caused a leak the owner cleaned up on his own. Now he has mold in his ice machine and water damaged sheetrock from hidden moisture. Commercial mold damage remediation in his Syracuse shop is now needed along with water damage mitigation.
Ice machines can be a haven for things such as bacteria and microbes. Throw in a leaky hose that allowed mold to grow beneath the wall surface and along the hose, and you have a mess. It’s nasty to clean up, can have an effect on health and can spread fast. SERVPRO technicians have the training, experience, and equipment to provide mold remediation and restore your ice cream shop to preloss condition.
How Does SERVPRO Mitigate the Damage?
Each water damage scenario is different, and the process involved depends on the size of the business and the extent of the damage. But there are steps that apply to most situations. In this case, it would include:
- Cleaning the ice machine – dry ice or soda blasting is an option for machinery.
- Controlled demolition – repairing and replacing the affected sheetrock.
- Containment – providing the proper protection while the mold remediation is taking place to prevent the spread.
- Drying the affected area.
- Using air scrubbers and HEPA filters to remove mold spores from the air.
- Using antimicrobial cleaners, and sealants if necessary, on infected surfaces.
Our Green Team is ready 24/7 to provide mold damage and water damage mitigation. Contact SERVPRO of SW Onondaga County at (315) 488-3900 for more information.
Click here for more information about Syracuse.